New Zealand Wine Certified with Joelle Thomson
Joelle Thomson is wine writer for The Dominion Post and The Christchurch Press. She will lead this 5 evening workshop that will cover the main regions of New Zealand wines and will help to build your confidence as a wine taster and evaluator.
Joelle's background is as a journalist, writing for a host of publications . For ten years, Joelle wrote a series of wine guides for the consumer. Currently she is editor of Drinks Biz. We are delighted that Joelle will lead this evening programme on New Zealand wine.
Our goal is to help you to better understand New Zealand wines and the leading grape varieties that are used. There will be multi-choice exam to test your knowledge. Those gaining over 85% will get a certificate of distinction.
- Session One: White wine varieties of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling
- Session Two: White wine varieties of New Zealand con't Pinot Gris Gerwurztraminer, Sparkling wines
- Session Three: Red grape varieties of New Zealand Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Syrah Pinot Noir
- Session Four: Wine regions of New Zealand
- Session Five: Session Five - Exam (45 minutes) Matching Food and Wine