WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines
The aim of this course is to provide detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality. This course requires an additional 60-80 hours of self study and concludes with a WSET® multiple choice examination. Graduates receive the WSET® Advanced Award in Wines. This qualification is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits. View full course outline at WSETglobal.com.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal:
- still wines of the world: from Bourgogne to Bordeaux, Rioja to Napa, Mosel to Mendoza
- sparkling wines of the world: from Champagne to Prosecco, from Cava to Cremant
- fortified wines of the world: from Ruby Port to Banyuls, from Fino to PX
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
French Wine Scholar (Optional)
We recommend that WSET Level 3 students also complete this programme and examination. Click here to view more information and book the combined course.
WSET Award in Spirits
With new Level 3 Award in Wines prescription that was introduced in August 2016, there now is no spirits and liqueurs component in the Level 3.
We now recommend that students complete the WSET Award in Spirits which offers a comprehensive overview of distillation, popular spirits and liqueurs and classic cocktails. It runs over 4 days with a practical cocktail class to help refine your practical cocktail making skills. There is a 50 question multi-choice exam. Click here to find out more information.
Although a large number of general interest wine enthusiasts join this course it is also ideally suited for those working in or wishing to enter the hospitality beverage or wine industries.
- T: (+64) 9 377 7961
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aged 18 or over
- Recommended IELTS 6 or Upper intermediate level of English
- Completed WSET® Level 2
What Qualifications will I Gain?
- WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines