Lockdown Learning: Foundation Cooks & Cheesecake recipe
Level 3 - Remote Cooking
During these 2 lockdown weeks, our Foundation student chefs prepared the following dishes from their own homes -
- French Omelette
- Farmers breakfast with hash browns and poached eggs
- Pavlova roulade with lemon curd
- Butter chicken with rice
- Beef burger
- Chilli con carne on rice
- Pork stir fry with asian veggies and rice
- Beef bourguignon served with mushrooms
- Grilled Pork cutlet and pork belly
- Weiner schnitzel with crispy fries and mayo
This Easy Cheesecake Recipe comes out perfect every time! Make a creamy, smooth cheesecake baked with a crunchy biscuit base.
100 g digestive biscuits - crushed
40 g butter
220 g cream cheese
60 ml cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp sugar
Zest of a lemon
- Set oven at 150°C
- Mix digestive and butter. Press it into a 17 cm tin.
- Bake 10 minutes until golden. Allow to cool off
- Mix all ingredient for the filling and pour on to the base.
- Bake in the oven until the filling has set – 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool