Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate, 1 Day NZQA Certificate
Auckland Council requires people who work in hospitality businesses including cafes, restaurants and takeaways to be trained in food handling and hygiene. The NZQA Unit standard 20666 Demonstrate basic knowledge of contamination hazards and control methods used in a food business provides the basic knowledge for anyone working with food in a commercial kitchen.
You will learn how to:
- Identify the causes of cross-contamination.
- Recognise those high-risk foods that are often responsible for food-borne illnesses.
- Learn about the diseases and illnesses that can result from food poisoning.
- Practice safe food skills including personal hygiene in your workplace.
- Manage and identify hazards and poor food safety.
- Understand correct cleaning procedures to minimise these risks.
- Find out more about why food safety is so important to our communities.
- Food Act 2014
- Introduction to Food Control Plans
You will get your Food Safety Certificate on the day you complete and the unit standard 20666 will be reported to NZQA.
Look here for more information about Food Safety Regulations listed on MPI Ministry of Primary Industries website.
Please note: Auckland Council does not accept certificates from online Food Safety courses.
In November 2015, Unit Standard 167 Practise food safety methods in a food business under supervision changed from being a theoretical unit standard to a practical unit standard and now requires assessment in the workplace. At NZSFW, unit 20666 replaces 167 as the theoretical unit standard.
What Qualifications will I Gain?
- NZSFW Food Safety Certificate
- NZQA Unit Standard 20666
Full Time | 1 Day