WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
This course explores the wines regions of the world. It is perfect for people who are passionate about wine as well as those working in the industry who wish to gain more knowledge and a well respected international qualification. You will learn about the major wine growing regions from around the world, understand their grape varieties and styles of wine as well as interpret their labels. This course also covers how to apply the principles of food and wine matching, give basic guidance on appropriate selection, storage and service of wines and the principles of wine tasting and evaluation. Each class includes a tasting session.
The course programme covers:
- How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
This course requires an additional 30 hours of self study and concludes with a WSET® multiple choice examination of 50 questions. Graduates receive the WSET® Intermediate Award in Wine and Spirits. View full course outline at WSETglobal.com
PATHWAYS TO FURTHER STUDY
You may continue with NZSFW to study for the WSET® Level 3 (Advanced) Award.
Although a large number of general interest wine enthusiasts join this course it is also ideally suited for those working in or wishing to enter the hospitality beverage or wine industries.
- T: (+64) 9 377 7961
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
- Aged 18 or over
- Attend an interview
- Recommended IELTS 6 or Upper intermediate level of English