If you want to develop a nose for wine, this is the perfect introduction. Learn the language of wine, and become comfortable with aromas, flavours, structural characteristics and more!
- Know the key stages in grape growing and winemaking
- Know the types, characteristics and styles of wines made from the principal grape varieties and other examples of wines.
- Know the key principles and practices involved in the storage and service of wine.
The exam is run on the third day of this course. To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 30 questions.
Student Loans Available with Level 5 Programme
Students can gain multiple WSET qualifications as a package by enroling in the NZ Certificate in Professional Wine Knowledge, Level 5. New Zealand students may be eligible for student loans or Fees Free Study for the Level 5 programme.
FURTHER STUDY Pathways
This course is the first module in our wine study pathway. For more knowledge and training, students are recommended to follow on this course with one of the following programmes:
Page Updated: 11 Apr 2022
- WSET® Level 1 Award in Wine
- Recommended IELTS 6 or Upper-intermediate level of English
- Aged 18 or over