The class-room based course over 8 sessions provides detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world.
Students benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality. An trial assessment day where students practice written questions and tastings prepares them for the WSET examination.
This course requires an additional 60-80 hours of self study.
WSET LEVEL 3 EXAMINATION
This consists of blind tasting of two wines + WSET® multiple choice + Short written answers.
Graduates receive the WSET® Advanced Award in Wines.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal:
- still wines of the world: from Bourgogne to Bordeaux, Rioja to Napa, Mosel to Mendoza
- sparkling wines of the world: from Champagne to Prosecco, from Cava to Cremant
- fortified wines of the world: from Ruby Port to Banyuls, from Fino to PX
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
This qualification is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (& Spirits).
View full course outline at WSETglobal.com.
Although a large number of general interest wine enthusiasts join this course it is also ideally suited for those working in or wishing to enter the hospitality beverage or wine industries.
Student Loans Available with Level 5 Programme
Students can gain multiple WSET qualifications as a package by enroling in the NZ Certificate in Professional Wine Knowledge, Level 5. New Zealand students may be eligible for student loans or Fees Free Study for the Level 5 programme.
FURTHER STUDY Pathways
Graduates can go on to study:
Page Updated: 11 Apr 2022
- WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines
- Aged 18 or over
- Recommended IELTS 6 or Upper intermediate level of English
- Completed WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
Saturdays & Sundays, 9am - 4pm
Click on the date above and this will redirect you to the enrolment form, where you can pay online.
Registration deadline: 1 day prior to the course commencement.
- NZ$1,975 (Includes WSET® fees, texts & 8 Full days of tutor contact time)
WSET ASIA PACIFIC STUDENT BURSARY FUND
In 2021, WSET Asia Pacific Limited has established a bursary fund to help potential students in the Asia Pacific region who would otherwise be unable to take a WSET qualification. Plesae click here for the fund details.