French Wine Scholar
The Programme Includes everything you need to become fully Versed in the world of French Wines.
Our sessions are classroom based with presentations, discussions and tasting of wines of each region - from Bourgogne and Bordeaux to Jura and Savoie.
- The 280-page full-color French Wine Scholar study manual
- 1-year access to the French Wine Scholar online study program for class prep and review
- Registration for the French Wine Scholar Exam
Combined WSET Level 3 & French Wine Scholar
NZSFW recommends students complete the FWS certification during their WSET Level 3 course. This can be booked via the combined course on the right of this page.
The French Wine Scholar (FWS) credential will be conferred to those individuals who achieve a score of 75 or higher on a 100-question multiple-choice test. Candidates scoring 85-90 pass with Honors. Candidates scoring 91-100 pass with Highest Honors.
Exam: Saturday 3 August 9am
Online Study Programme
To complement the manual and classroom experience, there are 20 multimedia E-learning modules with full audio narration plus a comprehensive series of webinars on regional wine styles with suggested wine list, review quizzes for self-evaluation, instructor Q&A forum for personal assistance and downloadable maps.
The French Wine Scholar program presents each French wine region as an integrated whole by explaining the impact of history, the significance of geological events, the importance of topographical markers and the influence of climatic factors on the wine the glass.
- Day One: Introduction, Alsace, Champagne,
- Day Two: Burgundy, Beaujolais
- Day Three: Bordeaux and South West
- Day Four: Loire Valley, Jura, Savoie
- Day Five: The Rhone, Languedoc Roussillon, Provence, Corsica
- Exam: Please look at course dates which include exam date
Please email Celia directly for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org
- French Wine Scholar Certification
- IELTS 6 or equivalent
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits