New Zealand Blind Tasting Competition 2022
On Sunday 31 July, we hosted the Final of National Wine Tasting Competition in Auckland, New Zealand. There were 8 teams who participated in the Finals and the team from Hawke's Bay who signed up for the OPEN category won the competition.
First Place was won by the team BoJosalais: Clive Holland and Heather Bowmer from Hawke's Bay, Marty Pickering and Dayne Stagg, Vineyard manager at Stonyridge, Waiheke Island.
The Second spot was taken by the team from Auckland named Bacchus which included Kristen Tay, Suraj GC, Oliver Hay and Tori Haysom.
The Third place winners are European Cuvee from Auckland - Maciej Zimny (Sommelier of the Year 2015), Craig Beattie, Andrea Martinisi and Jessica Wood.
White Wines Tasted -
- Domaines Schlumberger Pinot Gris 2017
- Mahi Sauvignon Blanc 2016
- Anne Laure Gewurztraminer 2020
- Greystone Chardonnay 2019
Red Wines Tasted -
- Dog Point Pinot Noir 2019
- Man O' War Ironclad 2018
- Conde Valdemar Reserva 2012
- The Laughing Magpie Shiraz Viognier 2017