Recipe: Lamb Salad
Greg Heffernan's Marinated Lamb Salad
1 lamb fillet or ½ lamb loin
For the marinade:
1 shallot or 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh mint, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, sliced
5 or 6 pieces pickled ginger
Pinch of chilli powder or fresh chilli
Juice and zest of 1 lime
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
Handful of Mesclun salad
Few drops sesame oil
½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Trim the lamb loin of any silver skin and excess fat.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the lamb in a small amount of oil, keeping the meat underdone for moistness.
- Place the marinade ingredients into a small bowl. Add the whole piece of cooked lamb. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Add a small amount of sesame oil to the marinade to create a salad dressing. Gently dress the salad.
- To serve, slice the lamb and fan it out on a plate. Garnish with the dressed salad and toasted sesame seeds.