Chef Ana Seini Mailei cooks gluten-free
Chef Ana Seini Mailei brings with her a deep understanding of cooking for people with allergies and dietary issues along with a Pasifika influence.
At the 25th Anniversary, Chef Ana shared a series of gluten-free concepts that can be easily applied to every day cooking.
Chef Ana presents.
Gluten Free Pancakes and ready to serve with Avocados, Blueberry & Apple Compote
Iceberg Salad with Turmeric Cream
|1 head||Iceberg cut into wedges|
|5g||Raw garlic, chopped|
|1||Lemon juice & zest|
|100 ml||Boiling water|
|To taste||Sea Salt & pepper|
- Place all ingredients in a vita-mix and blend until smooth.
- Add more hot water if too thick.
- Mix seeds with the olive oil and salt. Heat the oven to 165°C degrees and roast for 15 -20mins.
- When ready, remove from the oven. Add the chilli flakes and cumin. Mix well. Leave to cool.
- Once cooled, store the seeds in an air-tight container with a lid. Shelf life – 1 week.
|40g||Gluten free flour or Plain Flour|
|1g||Cracked black pepper|
|1||Sheet of Nori seaweed|
|5g||Nigella or black sesame seeds|
|To taste||Sea Salt|
- Peel the shallots and slice thinly.
- Coat shallots in gluten-free flour
- Add cider vinegar, pepper and salt. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes or store like this before use.
- Heat a deep fryer to 145 °C degrees. Fry shallots when needed.
- Cut the iceberg into wedges leaving the core in. Soak in water to wash for at least 15 minutes.
- Take out carefully without separating the leaves. Place on an airing rack, lined with a paper towel to dry.
- Julienne the Nori
- Spread two round spoons of turmeric cream onto each corner of the plate.
- Place the iceberg wedges on its side - one on each sauce spot.
- Drizzle more sauce on top of the iceberg. Sprinkle toasted seeds, Nori.
- Add the crispy vinegar, pepper shallots.
- Garnish with coriander micro-herbs or basil.