Recipe: ANZAC Biscuits
In the baking module for Level 3 cooks, we always make this classic kiwi cookie - the ANZAC biscuit which commemorates Australian and New Zealand soldiers who fought in World War 1 and subsequent wars.
Edmonds ANZAC Biscuits
- ½ cup Edmonds standard flour
- 65 g (⅓ cup) sugar
- 55 g (⅔ cup) finely desiccated coconut
- 75 g (¾ cup) rolled oats
- 50g butter
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup
- 10 g (½ tsp) baking soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2. Mix together flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.
- 3. Melt butter and golden syrup. Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water and add to butter and golden syrup. Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- 4. Place level tablespoonfuls of mixture onto cold greased trays and flatten with a fork. These don't spread as they bake so you can place them close together.
- 5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Leave on the tray for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.