Recipe: Cheese cake with berry coulis
Recipe: Cheesecake with berry coulis
90g digestive or superwine biscuits
Ingredients for filling
225g cream cheese
75g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of 1 lemon
1 and half leaves of gelatine
75 ml cream (for whipping)
2 - 3 tablespoons cream (to heat with gelatine)
- Melt the butter.
- Crush the biscuit finely in a food processor or with a rolling pin. Mix in the butter. Mould firmly into a 13 cm spring mould tin. Place in the fridge to set.
- In a bowl or food processor, mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Combine until sugar has dissolved.
- Whip the cream lightly.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for a few minutes
- Take the gelatine out of the water - squeeze off the excess water.
- Put 2 - 3 tbsp of the cream into a pot or microwave. Heat gently. Add the soft gelatine so it melts completely.
- Stir in the gelatine-cream into the cheese mixture and at the same time incorporating the whipped cream.
- Place the cheese filling onto the prepared biscuit base. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in fridge until firmly set.
- Decorate with fresh fruit (raspberries, apricots, blueberries).
Berry fruit coulis
60g caster sugar
150g frozen berries (raspberries work well)
- In a pan heat the sugar, berries and water until soft.
- Allow to cool. Purée and sieve.
- The coulis should be the consistency of a thin sauce.